NE1 is an international award winning Business Improvement District company. We deliver a range of projects which, at first glance, may not seem to be particularly closely related. They are though, and their economic impact has been extraordinary.
Over the last five years we have:
- Created an evening economy in Newcastle estimated to be worth £708m
- Instigated and secured funding for the £25m Central Station redevelopment
- Secured £3.2m of investment to re-develop the Bigg Market which is expected to leverage a further £30m of private investment in the area
- Delivered the award-winning Newcastle City Marina in six months
- Commenced work on ambitious plans to help re-establish Northumberland Street as a destination of national significance
- Embarked on a unique and innovative youth employment programme to secure jobs for young people in the North East
Our Bigg Market project has moved a step closer, find out more here.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
Newcastle is a European Regional Capital city. It is home to world leading businesses in the industries of health care, medical research and digital and has a strong professional services sector. It has a catchment area of 2.5million people and the highest growth rate of millionaires in the UK.
Securing £5m from the Regional Growth Fund, NE1 worked with Newcastle City Council, Network Rail and Virgin Trains East Coast to invest £24.5m in transforming the station, public realm and welcome to the city.
Alive after Five was both a response to the challenge of online competition and the result of NE1 having identified the huge commercial opportunity that lay in bridging the gap between Newcastle’s daytime and evening offers.
It may not be glamourous but as a city, we need to get the basics right. NE1’s Street Rangers and Rapid Response Clean Team are on hand, working with the city’s businesses on a daily basis to resolve issues and improve the look and feel of the city.